BRAND NEW BLOG: Launched December 2010.
Keep an eye on this blog by clicking 'follow' above or follow via Twitter, below right...
Truly time-poor? Key trends are written in BOLD!

Wednesday 8 August 2012

The perfect accessory for the grown-up nature table...



I’m a bit obsessed with nature and the countryside at the moment, although I’m also discovering that there’s a lot of nature in the city if you keep your eyes open. I’m teaching myself the fabulous names of all the weeds I pass everyday; petty spurge, shepherd's purse, hairy bittercress! Being a collector at heart, a walk in the woods or by the sea is rendered infinitely more pleasurable if I bring back little trophies – especially if I can put them on display at home – even temporarily, So this accessory, with its simple design and materials, from French designers L'atelier d'exercices has captured my imagination. Made of solid ash, it’s a way to form a collection of feathers picked up during walks, with an orange, zinc concealed drawer for other nature finds. It’s available in the UK from Made in Design amongst others.