BRAND NEW BLOG: Launched December 2010.
Keep an eye on this blog by clicking 'follow' above or follow via Twitter, below right...
Truly time-poor? Key trends are written in BOLD!

Tuesday 1 March 2011

MY HOUSE: Diagonal Displays

3
Picture by Kate Jacobs

Being an unashamed interiors geek, I enjoy rearranging my vases, ornaments and general knick-knackery. In the past I’ve always tried to create something balanced - not symmetrical but often with the ‘golden section’ idea of proportion at the back of my mind. But right now I’m going through a slightly odd phase of lining things up from large to small in order to create a diagonal line. It started by accident when I moved a few things to clean and liked how they looked – now I seem to be doing it all over the house. Often I’ll arrange one type of object in a diagonal line, like the white urns immediately below, but with the other pieces breaking the rule. I like it because it brings a bit of modernity to a display and the effect is offbeat and unexpected. It shows that you can have a bit of fun and create something different without having to buy anything new. But only if you’re an interiors geek…

Picture by Kate Jacobs


Picture by Kate Jacobs


Picture by Kate Jacobs