BRAND NEW BLOG: Launched December 2010.
Keep an eye on this blog by clicking 'follow' above or follow via Twitter, below right...
Truly time-poor? Key trends are written in BOLD!

Thursday 10 March 2011

MY EDIT: Things that are floating my boat at The Rug Company right now...



What an incredibly beautiful room
Picture courtesy of The Rug Company


I saw an ad for The Rug Company in a magazine the other day and it made me check in with their website which is always good for some inspiration. Although they have an amazing roster of designers, artists and fashion designers (from Tom Dixon to Suzy Hoodless) Suzanne Sharp, who runs the company with her husband Chris, produces some of my favourite designs (Chiesa and Ponti Blue) - she has such a sharp eye for trends. I love the Moorish look in some of the designs. I think rugs are an often overlooked part of a room and I chose my own ones very carefully - geometric cowskin patchwork in shades of silver and white, rush matting to evoke the seventies craft vibe, grey and white goatskins, a Danish wool 60s teardrop design and lots of chevron-patterned runners in caramel and mink (colour NOT animal). I even have a rug design that I've been meaning to get made (in a run of one!) for a few years now. Maybe this year... Anyway, here are some inspirational images courtesy of The Rug Company.


*The Rug Company

two patterns that are right up my street
Pictures courtesy of The Rug Company

Picture courtesy of The Rug Company

Picture courtesy of The Rug Company

Here are a selection of my favourite rugs from The Rug Company
I'm sorry I don't have time to caption them all
Pictures courtesy of The Rug Company