BRAND NEW BLOG: Launched December 2010.
Keep an eye on this blog by clicking 'follow' above or follow via Twitter, below right...
Truly time-poor? Key trends are written in BOLD!

Thursday 3 March 2011

The New Faces in Jonathan Adler's Utopia

Who doesn't love Jonathan Adler? I'm a big fan of the Utopia collection and had to do  something on the new additions. The range is reversible with different faces on either side of the vessel; boy and girl, lord and lady etc. I love their naive little faces, complete with blushing cheeks. They remind me of so many great things; the work of Danish ceramicist Bjørn Wiinblad, Julie Christie and Terence Stamp in Far from the Madding Crowd, early generation Quality Street tins, basically all Sixties things that hark back to the early 1800's. Anyway, it's a bit of a no-brainer guilty pleasure so let's just enjoy...

Pictures courtesy of Jonathan Adler


These are my two, on a shelf in the kitchen.
By accident rather than design they represent my husband and daughter.
Just need a 'me' now!