BRAND NEW BLOG: Launched December 2010.
Keep an eye on this blog by clicking 'follow' above or follow via Twitter, below right...
Truly time-poor? Key trends are written in BOLD!

Thursday 31 March 2011

Bold as brass: the coolest kitchen I've seen in ages...

Picture by Will Pryce courtesy of Arcaid

I was struck by a momentary pang of kitchen envy when I read yesterday's Evening Standard Homes & Property section. I'm heavily into brass at the moment. I 'd have big brass Modernist sculptures dotted all over the house, were it not for the unpleasant matter of the bill. I prefer its golden colour to actual gold, which is a bit too orange for me. Interestingly, the owners opted for brass as they're fed up with the ubiquity of stainless steel, and I have to agree with that. It's not a material that fires me up at the moment. But this kitchen, part of a whole-house renovation by architect/owner Dominic McKenzie, looks like some precious sculptural box, as well as being somewhere to make your tea and toast.

For more (and bigger!) pics, see Arcaid


Picture by Will Pryce courtesy of Arcaid